Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sock Monkey!

We love sock monkeys in our family. We have sock monkey sheets (3 different sets) and I have sock monkey pajamas (3 pairs), sock monkey slippers, sock monkey socks, a sock monkey robe, etc.

We also have a sock monkey named Ernie, actually Ernie III. Jared's grandfather had the "original" Ernie, his parents have Ernie Jr and we have Ernie III. :)



So, when I saw Knit Picks kit for Mr Foster kit, I knew I had to get it! Sadly, they sold out before I could order it. :( Well, when they came out with the second kit ("Monkey Business"), I ordered it right away. Then, they released the patterns by themselves, so I also got that - to have the robe and PJs pattern.

The instructions for starting the arms are a bit confusing, but luckily the wonderful knitters on the Knit Picks Community Mr Foster Knitalong are full of helpful advice.

So, after several false starts, I have the beginning of a monkey paw! Woohoo!


And of course, I have to provide a link to the "original" sock monkey information at Rockford Red Heel Socks!

No comments: