Sunday, May 4, 2008

Hard Drive Crashed

One of our external hard drives seems to have crashed. Jared has been in the field all week but he is home now and is trying to save it. I hope he can. If he can't we won't be losing anything "dire", but it has a lot of files that I would rather not lose if possible - pictures, patterns (knitting, crochet, cross stitch, quilting, etc), videos, music, etc. Fingers crossed!

In other news, not too much going on here. As I said, Jared has been in the field all week (he has to go back out tomorrow) and I have been dog sitting! The UK officer that Jared works with, Russ, has a wire-haired Jack Russell called Oscar. I am watching Oscar for him while they are in the field (total of 3 weeks), as Russ's wife is visiting family back in England. Our dogs are still in quarantine, so I am happy to have Oscar here as company.

I have been mostly watching TV and DVDs, reading, doing some unpacking, etc. I also finally finished Patti's Gryffindor scarf on Friday night. Yay! Boy, is that thing long! It's nearly 7' long, without the fringe! I was dreading putting on the fringe for some odd reason, but it really makes the scarf. I will be sending it to her this week, along with a special gift, the British version of the first book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, which I was able to get here in Australia.

Harry Potter Book 1 and Scarf

No comments: