The hard drive is still down - Jared's efforts haven't worked. I am going to see if he can take it to work and ask some of the guys he works with to take a look at it - the Geeks. Yes, that is what they are called. In the Aussie army some of the certain Signals trades are referred to as Geeks! Let's hope they can save it.
In better news, today has been a great mail day. Since Jared had to be at an Army dinner the night of our anniversary (May 21) we are going to celebrate on June 28 by going to see a production of Guys & Dolls. The tickets arrived today as well the DVDs of the film version that were included as part of out ticket package. Cool! (Even though the DVDs are Region 4 PAL coded and won't work in the US...)
I also got an eBay order! Last week I was at the quilt shop and bought (among other things) this embroidery pattern. I googled the designer, Spikey Designs, and that led me to their website and in turn some of their patterns for sale on eBay Australia. I ordered a quilt pattern (with several applique Australian animals) and an embroidery pattern (with a mama kangaroo and her joey). Since the amount I paid for posting ended up being more than the actual amount the designer sent me an extra really cute "bonus" pattern of two platypus. She is so sweet! These are going to make great gifts for people back home.
An the best news of all - our dogs, Abby and Izzy, are out of quarantine and are home with us. Yay!!!!! They got out a week ago. It's great to have them back with us. They have already made themselves at home.
Oh, we have also been watching "Underbelly"... we bought a copy of the DVD in Canberra, since it's illegal to sell/buy it here in Victoria!
No comments:
Post a Comment