Here's the finished piece:

My friend, Sarah, helped me with the sewing, though I am proud to say it was mostly as moral support.
I am a bit sad to send this off. I hope my recipient likes it as much as I do.
Also, my mother-in-law collects Nativities (last count she had about 30). She’s not overly religious, just loves Nativities. We like to find her unique/different Nativities each year for Christmas.
I was out with Sarah and we were looking at the Christmas decorations in a shop and I mentioned to her that I would love to find my MIL an Aussie themed one. Well, we turned the corner and Sarah spotted this:

Of course I had to get it for my MIL. The sales lady was a bit surprised when I said I wanted to get it, since it was a bit more expensive than the other items in the shop, but it’s so worth it!
For anyone who can't identify the animals, they are:
Holy Family - Koalas
Shepherd - Kookaburras (with Swagman hats with little corks!)
Sheep - Echidnas
Magi - Platypus, Kangaroo, & Wombat
Camel - Emu
1 comment:
Your bag looks great! I found your blog from from the new group on ravelry you just joined. I'm CRC from the Crochet Lovers Group. Welcome!
Post a Comment