Friday, December 12, 2008

Last 2 completed things before I go

I have 2 more things finished. Yay! They will be the last two things I get done until I get to the States. We fly on Sunday, but Australian airlines don't allow knitting needles or crochet hooks on planes. :( So, 14hrs of good yarn time is a no go. Oh well. I have some books to read, maybe there will be some good movies, and of course sleep is always an option. :)

As I said, I finished 2 things. One, of course, is the Smore for my mom. Didn't he turn out cute???
I had to go to a couple of different stores to find the beads for the eyes. The first two were sold out of the size and/or shape I wanted. I was shopping with a friend and her two daughters (3yrs and 15 months). The 3yr old was making very creative alternate bead shape suggestions for the eyes, including stars, flowers, etc. Thanks T, but I think the little round ones worked the best. ;) I "invited" her to come to the States with me for Christmas and then heard she was telling her grandmother that she was going to America with me on Sunday. I will definitely have to bring her something back. :)

My other finished object is a facecloth for Jenny, who runs the fruit market where we have our weekly "Stitch n Bitch". Last week we decided to make Jenny facecloths as a Christmas surprise. Since I am leaving on Sunday for a month I choose a simple design - a J (pattern found here). The yarn is Peaches & Creme colour 19, Peacock. I think the colour is gorgeous! I hope Jenny likes it too. (I will be giving it to another SnBer before I leave so it can then be added to the others.)

No comments: