While showing Lorraine at Woolybutt my finished turtles I spotted a yarn in the sales bin that would be perfect to make an ACU (Army Combat Uniform) turtle shell. So, I decided to make myself an "army" turtle and picked out a light brown for his body. Then back at the Stitch 'n' Bitch the ladies decided the turtle should also have a dress uniform (since the shell is removable). So, I went back (it's only 3 doors down) and bought some blues to make him some Dress Blues/Mess Dress (same colours), with orange Signal Corps trim of course. (I already have some orange to use.) :)
Also, our SnB came up with a summer knitting challenge to support Woolybutt. Buy two 50gm balls of Heirloom 8ply cotton from Woolybutt and knit something with it. That's it... that's the challenge! Entries are to be at Woolybutt by 13 February and will be judged in March, then knitted items will be donated to charity. All of us SnBers bought our yarn today and hope many more people will enter. Lots of fun colours: reds, peaches, browns, greens, pinks, purples, blues (no, Michelle, you cannot use blue!)... I chose a lilac. Now just to find the perfect thing to make with it...
Oh, I got my mom a pair of socks with Koalas on them and a David Hudson CD for Christmas, and I am crocheting her a S'more. She loves s'mores. She hoards the little Hershey Dark Chocolate bars throughout the year for so she can use them to make her s'mores at the lake during the summer. I have the Graham crackers and chocolate - who's got the marshmallows??? ;)
2 comments:
Is it my age, or is it my nationality, but what is a smore? I followed your link and think that it looks cute, but what is it?
Have a wonderful Christmas, Teresa
It's a nationality thing. :) I have discovered a few other Aussie friends who don't know about smores. I will post new post explaining smores. :)
Post a Comment